Monday, August 20, 2007

The third party

Hannah and I went to Beaumont on Friday for a whole number of things. Dad came with us which was nice - so much easier to use a rest room without having to hold Hannah too! On our trip we had lunch with Angela, went to two graduation parties, went to a baby shower, had a birthday dinner party for Hannah, Taryn, and Kennedy, and went to another birthday party. Yeah, we were busy!

While we were there Hannah really started walking. She'd been toddling around for a while from object to object, taking a few steps at a time. By the time we came home she was walking all over the place!

We got to spend quite a bit of time at the boat club. Billy and Shirley, some good family friends who worked there, were retiring. Hannah and I hung out with Dad and Harry and visited with them for several hours. We also saw a lot of other old boat club friends. It isn't the same down there as it was when I was growing up, but it felt a little like the old days with all the familiar people around. And I really enjoyed being there with Hannah as well as some of my childhood friends and their kids. Unfortunately I have no pictures from the boat club, for various reasons.

Hannah, Taryn, and Kennedy's birthday dinner








Sunday at Kennedy's birthday party Hannah played with Londyn who is just a few days younger, and Logan, Londyn's older brother.



Kennedy and I tried to take a picture of us and Hannah, but Hannah wasn't interested. But aren't Ken and I cute?



Monday morning before we went home Hannah had cereal and bananas with Uncle Harry.


Then she picked a pear with Grandpa.



And then we came home. Man I'm tired!

No comments: