Hannah had her one year well check today and it went oh so well. Hannah weighs 18lbs 3oz (10%) and is 27 3/4in (10%). Her head is 18in (75%)!!! I so hope she's found her growing curve!
Physically she is meeting all her milestones right on. She stacks blocks, waves, claps, bangs 2 objects together, points, takes objects in and out, has mastered the pincer grasp... She is walking, which is not expected by 12 months but not uncommon. The Dr called her an independent walker. I have an independent walker!! Augh!
Verbally she is wonderful. The Dr asked if she said any words yet and I said 5 that we were sure of, plus a number of maybes. (We know she says yay, dog, Mama, uh-oh, and bye-bye.) The Dr watched her and talked to her and we determined that she also says book, hi, nyum, nyum, nyum (which means food or nurse and is considered a word). She may be saying that (dat), Grandpa (Pawpaw), Papi (Papa), Guster (Duh-ter), and Pablo (Pab). Stacia and I think she was also saying Jojo (Stacia's cat) while we were in Beaumont. There is an obvious difference in how she says "Pawpaw" and "Papa" although we have no idea where pawpaw came from since none of us has ever said it. The Dr wants to hear 5 words at 18 months, so Hannah is doing wonderfully in that area!
However, there is always a down side. Hannah had shots today. At 9 months she barely whimpered, but today she SCREAMED. I nursed her for at least 15 minutes after and she still was not happy. We got in the car and Hannah promptly removed her band aids which made things much better.
Thursday, August 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Well done, Hannah!!! I'm sorry those shots hurt. Campbell wanted to tell you but I wouldn't let her.
Post a Comment