Tonight Pete was giving Hannah a bath while I cleaned up the kitchen. Hannah refused to get out so Pete called me to talk to her. I went in and asked her if she was ready to get out and she said "NOOOO!" I asked her if she was ready to read a book and she looked at Pete, stretched up her arms, and said "up!" So he pulled her out and was drying her while the tub drained. Hannah turned to the water and started waving, then said "Bye-bye agua!" It was adorable. She's so smart!
So we went and read the bedtime stories, then sang "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star". Two nights ago Hannah blew us away when we got to the end of the song and she sang sky, star, and are at the appropriate times, babbling something close to the tune in between. She's done it every night since.
Hannah amazes us every day with all she is learning. I always knew that babies learned a lot in their first few years of life, but I never have been able to witness just how much. It is too, too cool!
Thursday, January 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment