Monday, November 19, 2007

Month of Sickness

Hannah and I are sick again! I know! It's terrible!

Yesterday I felt pretty nasty. Tired, coughing, scratchy throat. I took it easy all day and drank lots of hot tea, but it didn't really help. I woke up this morning still feeling awful, and exhausted. I took a pretty decent nap this afternoon but I still feel drained. I think I'll have to go to the doctor tomorrow. And, joy of joys, I think I'm losing my voice. Bleh.

Hannah was fine yesterday. In fact, she seemed a lot better. Her nose was still a bit drippy and she coughed occasionally but overall she seemed really good. This morning she woke up happy, I put her in her high chair with a sippy cup of water while Pete started getting her breakfast, and after about 3 sips of water it all came back up. We rushed her to the bathroom, cleaned her up, and she seemed fine. She was giggly and happy. However, she had a pretty nasty diaper when she woke up, which is unusual, so we were a little concerned.

All morning she didn't want to eat. She had a few crackers and a grape or two, but that was it. She had a couple more nasty diapers though. At lunch I gave her oatmeal with a little applesauce and she ate that happily, but as soon as it was gone it all came back up. Back to the bathroom for the same clean up routine. Again she was happy and giggly, but at that point we realized that she hadn't had a wet diaper all day. So we called the doctor. Pete, who had stayed home from work to help me luckily, went to HEB for Pedialyte while Hannah and I napped.

Finally about 6pm Hannah had a wet diaper. She didn't eat anything else today, and didn't want anything. She didn't throw up again and was perfectly happy. In fact, she was so energetic it was exhausting to watch her!

Hopefully we will both feel better tomorrow. Pete has a thing at work he can't miss so Dad is coming over to help out while Pete's gone. I already let work know that we'd be out tomorrow, and most likely Wednesday. I really hope we are all well for Thanksgiving!

No comments: