Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Swimming pool

A few days ago I bought Hannah a swimming pool. This was one of those "new mommy moments" where something seems really obvious and easy, but isn't. I thought I'd buy a swimming pool, put some water in it, put the baby in it, and we'd all play. Nope, not so easy.

First of all the box said it needed a level surface. Well our yard is a slight incline. No big deal, it would just be a little deeper on one side, right? Wrong. It's a LOT deeper, and the pool bulges on that side.

Next, you are supposed to spread the bottom as smoothly as possible. Well that sounds easy, but it really isn't. And those wrinkles are hard to get out with even a little water in the pool!

Then there is the water itself. It's in the sun, it should be warm, right? Nope. It's not. It takes a lot longer than it seems it should to warm up!

And there is the baby who likes to pull up. Once I finally got her into the cold water she wanted to pull on the side, which ment the side bent down and the water spilled. Ahh the fun!

Still, we like the pool. And I think we will like it more in a month or two!







Time to get out!


Isai's method was to swing until he was hot, run and jump in the pool until he cooled off, then run back to the swing to warm up. Good method!


No comments: