Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Mother's Day weekend

You've been warned - this will be long!

Hannah and I went over to Mom and Dad's Friday evening and brought Mom her mother's day gift (see post below). Pete followed with the dogs that evening. We woke up Saturday and took off for Fredericksburg. It was a beautiful day and Dad took us on the "scenic route" along the Blanco River. Hannah jabbered the entire way.

When we got there everyone was hungry so we found a restaurant right away. We ate at Allison's, which was excellent. They had a nice little courtyard area with a fountain in the middle. I had chicken with avocado, bacon, and Swiss cheese, grilled veggies, and pesto pasta. Hannah shared with me.


After that we split up - guys went one way, Hannah, Mom and I another. The only thing we bought was a cookie and bottle of water, but we really enjoyed going thru all the shops. Hannah fell asleep while I carried her, which was nice since she never does that anymore. Mom and I sat on a bench watching people pass until the guys found us. They had some bags but didn't show us anything.

We walked back to the car, but Hannah decided it was time for a snack.


Then we drove down the road to Wildseed Farms. It was the coolest place! We loved walking thru the Meadows, but it was darn hot!








We loved the Butterfly Haus too.




We walked around the rest of the place for a while and I picked out some mother's day presents for myself. I got a neat ceramic lizard to put on the side of the house, a plumbego, and a lantana. And then we headed home. We were so worn out but Hannah managed to stay awake until about 3 minutes before we got to the house.




Sunday Pete and Hannah let me sleep all the way to 8:30! It was fabulous! We spent the rest of the morning playing in the yard and napping.


Brian came just before lunch with floweres for Mom and for me. Dad grilled steaks for lunch and afterward we all loaded up for Hannah's first boat ride.



























Hannah's first "real" wave. She was waving at people, not just waving her hand.


This is about where we filled the card up and could take no more pictures. Hannah slept a good 45 minutes on the boat. She didn't like wearing the life jacket, but once it was on she never cried about it. We have decided that she definitely inherited the boating gene!

No comments: