Saturday, September 29, 2007

Breastfeeding and swimming and Longhorns, oh my!

This morning Hannah, Pete and I attended (and Hannah and I participated in) our second Quintessence Breastfeeding Challenge at the Austin Farmer's Market. Again this year, as last year, Austin had the most moms and babies in one place in the U.S. (2006 - 55 moms and 56 babies, 2007 104 moms 105 babies). Last year we were new to all this and it didn't even occur to Pete or me to bring a camera. This time we planned better.











From there we went to Round Rock and Pete's company picnic at the Dell Diamond. It was a really nice day as long as we stayed out of the sun. Hannah had her first corn dog and she loved it. We made a try at face painting, but the brush was apparently tickly - she laughed every time it touched her - so that didn't work out.


Hannah and I went swimming for a while. There was a step all the way around the pool that was just the right depth for Hannah to walk on.




Unfortunately the Longhorns didn't do as well today, despite Hannah's show of support. Better luck next time, but Hannah was still cute!








1 comment:

McGee said...

I love the photos of Hannah in her little Longhorn shirt! For whatever reason, the Razorbacks don't do so good either when Meredith wears her Arkansas cheerleader outfit. Maybe we need to put it away for a while...