Thursday, August 9, 2007

One year ago

One year ago today was Hannah's due date. I spent most of the day at Barton Springs with Mom, Dad, and Mattie. It was HOT, HOT, HOT that day!

Today my life is quite different. Obviously, I tolerate the heat better and can get up out of a chair more easily! I also now plan everything I do around naps, meals, and bedtime. I never go anywhere without my arms full of baby, diaper bag, toys, snacks, and any number of other baby trappings. And I wouldn't trade a thing about my life today for my life one, or even two years ago.

Hannah is an absolute joy. She is a very happy, inquisitive, busy, and pretty little girl. She is learning so much right now. She's starting to walk, is using a few words, and mimics all kinds of things. Last night she started saying uh-oh after dropping things and making me pick them up repeatedly. I can point to my nose and tell her what it is, then ask, "Where's Mommy's nose?" and she will gleefully point to it. (I know she's not quite sure what "nose" means yet, but I love that she understands that pointing at my nose just then makes me happy!) One of Hannah's favorite things is to "talk" on the phone. I can't even move the cell phone in her vision least she scream till I give it to her. Then she will turn it, examine it, and jabber away.

One week from today Hannah will turn one. I can't imagine my baby being a whole year old! I am so proud of her and of the life Pete and I have made with her.

One year ago

No comments: