Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Catching up

First of all, I apologize. I have no pictures! I made it to Mom and Dad's this weekend with the camera, but no card. I'll do better next time, I promise!

Friday afternoon Hannah and I loaded up and started for Mom and Dad's house. I called to let them know we were on our way. Just after I hung up Pete called. He had just left a interview for a job working with the Medicaid verification system for Accenture. He said the interview went really well and he felt very hopeful. I was so excited, but we tried not to get ahead of ourselves. That was our ideal situation - a job with Accenture that would allow us to continue to live in Austin and not have Pete travel. Bonus points went to a job that allowed a lot of room to grow, or offered more money. Not 20 minutes later Pete called back and told me he was almost certain the job was his.

I was so thrilled! The office will be a much longer drive, but it's still in Austin and for now there is no travel. There seem to be lots of opportunities on this project and Pete will be learning a lot. No more money, but like I said, that was not necessary.

Saturday all 5 of us (Mom, Dad, Pete, Hannah and I) went to their neighborhood pool. Hannah had never been in a big pool before but she loved it. The water was warm, we had some good shade, and it wasn't too crowded. I held her until she relaxed enough and then we put her in her little float. She is most definitely a water baby!

Pete and I went out to celebrate that night while Hannah spent quality time with her Grandma and Grandpa. We had dinner, then went to Gruene for drinks over the river. The Guadelupe is so full - out of it's banks actually - and we really enjoyed watching it rushing thru. We left in time to get to a late movie and saw Knocked Up. Pete and I agreed that we could not remember the last time we had laughed so hard. I hurt when we left!

Sunday was a relaxing day. Pete came back home to help put together a trampoline for his sister's kids and the rest of us went swimming again. Hannah slept so well Saturday and Sunday nights!

Monday I was waiting for Hannah to wake from her morning nap when Pete called. He had a wonderful dilemma. He had just been officially offered the Accenture job, but also had calls from two of the companies who are hiring contractors for Deloitte, the new company that will be working on the project he's currently on. Both contractors wanted him. In the end we decided that it would be best to stay with Accenture. I think I can safely say that we are both completely satisfied with the decision, and that we are both feeling so much more confident after turning down 2 jobs!

So, no pictures, but lots of good news! Hopefully this week I can get a nice shot of Hannah in the pool.

No comments: