Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Milestones!

Hannah and I had a fun day today. We did something for her Grandma and AbuelaKeta for Mother's Day, but it's a surprise. Can't tell till Sunday!

I have decided (with encouragement from another mommy friend) to call Hannah's first word. She says "Yay!" I'm calling it a word because she consistently uses it correctly. If I say yay she claps and if I clap she says yay. So it's officially a word. Today the dogs were barking and I clapped to get their attention. Hannah immediately started clapping and saying "Yay!"

I think Hannah is about to wave also. She makes the waving motion regularly, but not always for any specific purpose. Just waiting to see what happens.

AND... Hannah took a little step today while holding on to the couch. She had pulled up to the couch and was standing at the end. The ottoman was at the end of the couch sticking out a bit. I put one of her toys on it to try to tempt her. Hannah stopped and examined it for a minute and then reached. It was just a little too far. She did a little foot shuffle to turn toward it and then took one beautiful step to grab the ottoman and then her toy. It was fabulous!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Amie, I just wanted to say that I don't ever leave you a comment, but I come by and check on your page every day. I love seeing all your pictures and reading about your day. It definitely brightens mine to see you and your family doing so well. Ya'll are so cute and Hannah is adorable...but I bet you already knew that! =) Love, Leanna